Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Everyone starts somewhere

Part of my new plan for simplicity is to move towards minimalism. Now, I realize I have a looooong way to go, but everyone starts somewhere.

Today I decided to start with my home desk. It often gets clutter with all sorts of junk. Plus I have "organizers" that I don't really need. They only organize crap that I should be throwing out.

My desk before I got started:


I decided to take Joshua's suggestion from The Minimalists and box up my desk. Away went the organizers. Away went the "OMG I LOVE" office supplies that I never use.

I boxed up everything. The big box is stuff that will most likely be donated. The shoe box holds all those office supplies that I think I need (but really don't). After a couple weeks if I haven't had a need for them, they will be donated as well. The black box is filled with paper that needs to be shredded.


My finished result! Monitor, printer, paper pad, pen jar, and cat bed.


There's still a rat's nest of wires down there, but I'll work on those next time. I'm pretty happy with these first steps towards minimalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment