Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Fall Treat

The autumn equinox may be right around the corner, but it still feels like prime summer here in Houston. Regardless, it is September and I can't help but start thinking about fall foods.

Apples, pumpkins, squash.. I love it all.

So despite it being 95 degrees outside, I decided I wanted to bake a fall treat. I had all the ingredients on hand to whip up some pumpkin muffins.


I use applesauce instead of the typical call for oil. 

Ready for the hot box!


The house started smelling delicious. I can't wait for the temps outside to match my fall mindset.


Once cool I nommed on two! Soooo good.



I love making food from scratch. You know exactly what's in your food plus it often tastes a lot better. No crazy chemicals or preservatives.

Part of moving toward more simple living is getting back to scratch made foods. These pumpkin muffins fit that bill!

No comments:

Post a Comment